Skip to content

Campus Wellbeing for Under 18s

Students looking at horizon

If you are Under 18 when you study with us, but do not have a parent or guardian to stay with while you are in Sydney, we can help you with accommodation and care arrangements.

You have a choice of accommodation in either student accommodation [email protected] or a homestay that we approve. For more information on accommodation for under 18 students click here

All under 18 students are required to complete a Care and Appropriate Welfare form (CAAW) on application. On this form you will tell us where you are planning to live and when you plan to arrive in Australia.

When we are confident that your accommodation is suitable, we will send you approval of and Student Advisers will arrange regular compulsory meetings during your studies to monitor your wellbeing, care and accommodation.

This comprehensive monitoring service means that an additional fee is charged.

Please note that for courses commencing in 2018, the monitoring fee includes a set-up charge of AUD$150 plus AUD$49 per week while you are under 18 years of age.

Want to learn more about our advisers?

Our team is here to support you on your journey, watch the video to get the inside story directly from students about their student adviser experience.

Under 18 meetings

If you are under 18 and have been issued a Care and Appropriate Welfare letter, Student Advisers will arrange regular meetings during your studies to monitor your wellbeing, care and accommodation. These meetings are compulsory and you must attend.

Our Student Advisers have significant professional experience interviewing and supporting younger students. We realise that studying in a new country is a challenging thing to do, particularly for younger students. Your meetings with a Student Adviser are opportunities for you to discuss any concerns you may have about your studies, accommodation and personal life. Student Advisers are there to offer you support throughout your studies and answer any questions you may have.

If you turn 18 during your studies with us, you will not be required to attend compulsory meetings. However, you are encouraged to stay in touch with Student Advisors as they are here to help you.

If you would like to book an appointment or ask a student adviser a question, please contact us.


What's New

UNSW Sydney’s response to the coronavirus
Read more