Why study EAE?
Develop your skills in:
- Academic writing and grammar skills
- Reading and research skills using academic texts
- Critical thinking
- Pronunciation and spoken English skills for presentations and academic discussion
- Academic listening and note taking skills
Classes may be scheduled in the morning or the afternoon at our Kensington or Randwick Campus
Morning class times: 9.00 - 11.00am and 11.30 am - 1.30pm
Afternoon class times: 1.30 - 3.30pm and 4.00 - 6.00pm
9:00am - 11.30am
Weekly Grammar and vocabulary review and short test
Language 1: Revising tenses and verb patterns-Present Simple
11:30am - 1:30pm
Writing Skills: Analysing simple sentence clause structure and preparing to write a biography
|Test / Certificate||General requirement||Business, Law (UG & PG coursework), Build Environment (UG & PG coursework, Reserach), Arts and Social Sciences (PG coursework), Medicine (UG coursework)|
|IELTS (academic module)||5.0 Overall, Writing 5.0 (sub-scores no less than 4.5)||5.5 Overall, Writing 5.5 (sub-scores no less than 4.5)|
|TOEFL (paper based)||483 Overall, TWE 4.0||513 Overall, TWE 4.0|
|TOEFL iBT (Internet)||56 Overall, Writing 14||65 Writing 18|
|Pearson Test of English||38 Overall, Writing 38||46 Overall, Writing 46|
6 Jan- 13 March 2020
10 Feb -17 April 2020
25 May – 31 July 2020
29 June – 4 September 2020
12 Oct -18 Dec 2020
4 January 12 March 2021
8 February 16 April 2021
24 May-30 July 2021
8 June-3 September 2021
You will be placed in an appropriate class based on a test score under the following conditions:
- IELTS, TOEFL and PTE tests must have been taken within 12 months of the enrolment date.
- If you have variations in test sub-scores, you may be assessed individually for placement and may require additional weeks of study.
- UNSW Institute of Languages reserves the right to require you to undertake our placement test to confirm appropriate course placement.
- UNSW Institute of Languages reserves the right to make changes to this course placement guide without notice.
- Progression into the next English course level depends on your achievement in course assessments. You may progress more quickly or slowly than the indication in weeks provided in this table.
- UNSW Institute of Languages also accepts Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- Please note that Commonwealth financial support is not available for Non-Award programs including Global’s Foundation programs and all language courses