Your path to a global top 50 university1
Support as you learn
Directly connected to UNSW
Who is this program for?
A UNSW Diploma is the perfect transition to university life in Australia. It’s ideal for international students who need extra support, including those who just missed out on direct entry into their preferred bachelor’s degree, or hold qualifications that aren’t recognised by UNSW Sydney.
Study a Diploma in Science at UNSW Global2, and progress to Second Year at UNSW Sydney to study a Bachelor of Science.
A UNSW Diploma makes it easy to adjust to university, with:
- smaller classes and at least 20% extra teaching time
- additional English and academic skill support
- course material equivalent to First Year courses within the UNSW Sydney degree, and
- access to the same facilities and resources as undergraduate students.
Why study Science at UNSW Sydney?
From oceanography to neuroscience, biotech to quantum physics, a science degree unlocks a world of career opportunities. This degree gives you the flexibility to explore different disciplines to find the field that sparks your passion.
You will create innovative solutions to the world’s biggest challenges and be equipped with transferable skills that can be applied to a wide range of industries.
You will reach your career goals with industry relevant skills and training and be career-ready by the time you graduate from a Bachelor of Science degree at UNSW Sydney.
Diploma in Science program information
|Intakes||January, May, August|
|Terms||3 terms||See academic calendar|
|Courses||8 courses||See program structure|
|Weekly class time||Approximately 20-25 hours|
|Progression||Second Year, Bachelor of Science at UNSW Sydney||Find out more|
|Scholarships||Up to $7,500||Find out more|
Excellence in Research in Australia Report, 2018
QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2020
Top 50in the world
Anatomy, Environmental Sciences, Earth & Marien Sciences, Materials Sciences, Mathematics
QS World Rankings by Subject, 2020
"My country's curriculum is not included in UNSW's accepted curriculums. By studying at UNSW Global, I received a chance to continue my studies at UNSW directly after finishing my Diploma Program in UNSW Global, which is equivalent to First Year undergraduate studies of my current degree."
Claudia Velda Widjaja
Progress to UNSW Sydney
Once you successfully complete a UNSW Diploma in Science, you will progress to Second Year at UNSW Sydney to study a Bachelor of Science and choose a degree major to prepare you for your future career.
The Diploma courses that you will study will be dependent on the major that you choose. To learn more about the program structure and courses you will study, view the UNSW Handbook.
Bachelor of Science majors:
Note: Diploma in Science students must achieve a Satisfactory Grade (equivalent to IELTS 6.5) for the Communication and Academic Literacy course and a minimum pass for all other courses to progress to Second Year of the relevant degree program at UNSW. If you wish to study a major not on this list, you may be eligible to receive credit for courses that are common.
* Specific courses are required in Second Year, which may increase program duration.
Diploma entry requirements
View the full table of academic and English Diploma entry requirements.
Note: The tuition fee that you will pay depends on the calendar year in which you undertake your study in the course. Fees are reviewed annually and may exceed the indicative figures listed, so it’s important to remember that indicative tuition fees shown above are not guaranteed. Any update to fees is effective from the start of each calendar year. The indicative fees listed here are for tuition only – other fees and charges are not included. You can view non-tuition fees here.
"Our Diploma Programs are based on UNSW Sydney First Year undergraduate courses so that students have the skills and knowledge necessary for success in their degree studies."
Dr. Suzann Malaney
- 1QS World University Rankings, 2022
- 2UNSW Diploma Programs are delivered on UNSW campus by UNSW Global, a wholly owned subsidiary of UNSW Sydney.
- Australian permanent residents, Australian citizens and New Zealand citizens are not eligible to enrol in Diploma Programs at this time. If a student becomes an Australian permanent resident, Australian citizen or New Zealand citizen after they enrol, they must continue to pay international student fees for the duration of their Diploma Program and will be subject to additional competitive processes for entry into a UNSW Sydney program.