Diploma and UEEC entry requirements
At UNSW Global, every application we receive is carefully considered. Students will receive an offer to the relevant program based on their academic and English test results.
The entry requirements listed below should be considered a guide. Entry requirements are subject to change. For the most up-to-date information and additional qualifications, please contact us.
- Academic entry requirements
- English entry requirements
- University English Entry Course (UEEC) requirements
There may be specific subject requirements depending on your intended degree program; for example, a minimum grade in mathematics and/or science subjects may be required.
To be eligible for entry, students must be at least 16 years of age at the time of commencement. Where students do not have their final results from their Year 12 studies, forecast (Semester 1) results are accepted in most cases.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for University English Entry Course (UEEC) but cannot apply for a UNSW Diploma program.
Academic Entry Requirements
English Entry Requirements
Alternative English test results accepted due to COVID-19
The following tests will be accepted for UNSW Global programs until further notice:
- IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition will have the same entry requirements as those set for IELTS Academic and TOEFL iBT. Scroll down for entry requirements.
- Duolingo English Test results will be considered on a case-by-case basis for students affected by COVID-19. See entry requirements for Duolingo here.
- English language Test scores and prior studies in English (including High School) will be accepted for tests completed no more than:
- Three years before the intended start date in Foundation Studies or Diploma Program
- Two years before the intended start date in an Academic English Program