Skip to content

General Student Accommodation Information

There is a wide range of student accommodation providers near UNSW and in Sydney.
In order to secure accommodation, we recommend you make applications with accommodation providers as soon as possible - accommodation is in high demand and it can take a few weeks to organise.
Applications for accommodation should be made directly with the accommodation provider.

Under 18 years old?

If you are Under 18 years old you need to stay at an UNSW Global approved accommodation location. For all information related to Under 18 accommodation please follow this link:

You must book and pay for your accommodation and submit an Enrolled Students Under 18 Care Arrangement Form at least 4 weeks before the start of your course.

How we can help

Whether you are here in Sydney or overseas you can always contact an Accommodation Officer for advice on such things as:

  • Over or Under 18 year old accommodation
  • Under 18 CAAW Approved locations
  • Pre and Post arrival to Sydney Accommodation information
  • Changing Accommodation
  • Recommendations on where to stay
  • Legal information, knowing your rights and referrals to legal services
  • General information & advice

Tenancy Information / Renting in Sydney

  • Know your rights and how to protect yourself when renting in Sydney. There are laws to protect you as a tenant in Sydney. Find out more at Tenants NSW.
  • Sydney Department of Fair Trading Renting Advice.
  • Beware of scams. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Look at some scam examples here: ARC Rental Scams
  • For overall general legal advice regarding Renting and Boarding, ARC UNSW Student Life has good information to help.

    Click here to read our useful tips about renting in Sydney.

Legal Services

At times you may need to seek rental legal advice. This may because you have found yourself in a little trouble or you might just like to know more about your rights as a renter and how to protect yourself. To seek more information on Legal Rights you can visit these areas:

  • UNSW Global Accommodation Officer
    We can also help point you in the right direction or even give you the information you need to know very easily.
  • Kingsford Legal Centre (KLC)
    This legal team are found on campus and is a free service to use KLC.
  • Eastern Area Tenants Service (EATS)
    Another free local service specialising in Tenants / Renting EATS.

How to Contact an Accommodation Officer?

If you have any more questions we have not covered here, please feel free to contact an Accommodation Officer anytime.

If you are a current student you can make a Moodle appointment online or visit UNSW Global Student Services office between 1pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday and Drop In for a chat (no appointment necessary).


What's New

UNSW Sydney’s response to the coronavirus
Read more