Learn Chinese for Business
Stand out from the crowd by learning phrases and expressions specifically for the business environment. You will learn to communicate professionally and effectively with people from one of the fastest growing economies in the world.
Select your level
We are online!
Take advantage of our extended summer discount (prices down from $395 to $370) and join us in our new online delivery format. Come and learn a new language with the personalised attention and quality from our experienced teachers. Meet Vincent, one of our teachers, and learn about what to expect from this new journey.
Feel at home anywhere with languages
We invite you to spend a few hours every week in China with us, to learn the language of Confucius, Jack Ma, and Jet Li. You will also learn about Chinese business culture and etiquette, an essential skill when conducting business with China.
UNSW Global courses are designed to create opportunities for real-life communication practice and connect you with other people who share your interests.
Did you know?
- It’s normal for Westerners to have breakfast and lunch meetings to discuss business. In China, meal times are for building relationships and having fun!
- UNSW Global is proud to partner with the Confucius Institute to bring our Chinese classrooms to life.
We also offer general Mandarin courses for travel and general interest.
Why study Chinese with us?
Levels and duration
Our generic Chinese course is divided into six levels. Each level consists of either 20 weeks of study or 2 x 10-week terms.
Our tailored Chinese for Business course is a one-off, 10-week course.
Why study Chinese for Business with us?
This course (10 weeks) is exclusively designed to help you hone your language skills in one of the world’s fastest growing economies. Our courses will help you:
- Speak, read and write Chinese in business contexts
- Learn the customs and protocols of mainland Chinese business
- Understand and communicate better with Mandarin speaking clients and partners
- Improve your current or future employment opportunities and/or expand your business into China
Who is this for?
This course is for those who are able to use the language with a high degree of fluency and accuracy.
What topics* are covered?
- Business discussions
- Small businesses
- China's "non-public economy"
- Dealing with contracts: drafting contracts, official contracts
- Visiting a factory
- Ordering products, inspections, employment, salary
- Foreign investment and joint ventures
- The Stock market in China
I love grammar. Tell me more.
This course covers:
- Common expressions related to tax
- Comparative structures
- Language for bargaining
- According to and regardless of
- Common language used in business meetings
- Common terms related to insurance
- Common terms related to Stock Markets
What’s the end goal?
By the end of this level, you will:
- Use most forms of the language in a social or professional environment
- Engage in a range of business negotiations, such as price negotiation
- Understand more about mainland China’s small business sector and “non-public economy”
- Be able to draft and deal with official contracts
- Use appropriate language structures to order products and discuss matters related to industrial relations
- Understand foreign investment and joint ventures in China
- Understand the Stock Market in China
- Develop greater cultural awareness within a business context
This course runs weekly on Wednesdays from 6.30pm to 8.30pm for 10 weeks.
Questions? We have answers.
Have a read through our FAQs and if you don't find what you need you can always contact us.
- UNSW Global provides Chinese courses on behalf of the Confucius Institute at UNSW. The Confucius Institute at UNSW was opened in July 2009 and is based on the partnership between the UNSW Australia and Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU). It is supported by the Chinese Ministry of Education through the Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban).
- This course outline is a only a guide. Content may be adjusted by the teacher to meet the needs of the students in the class. To find out more contact [email protected].
- This is a non-CRICOS registered course. International Student Visa holders are not eligible to enrol in non-CRICOS registered courses, including Modern Languages and Part-time English / Exam Preparation classes at this time.
However, international students who are not on a student visa can enrol in these courses. Temporary Residents who want to enrol in Modern Languages or Part-time English / Exam Preparation classes can do so by contacting [email protected]
- Please note that Commonwealth financial support is not available for Non-Award programs including Global’s Foundation programs and all language courses