Foundation Studies Entry Requirements
The grades listed below should be considered a guide to the entry level normally required for our UNSW Foundation Studies Programs. Where students do not have their final results from their Year 11 or Year 12 studies, forecast results are accepted in most cases.
Every application we receive is carefully considered. We will make an offer to students whose school results indicate a good preparation for UNSW Foundation Studies.
To be eligible for entry, students must be at least 16 years of age at the time they commence a UNSW Foundation Studies program.
Australian citizens and permanent residents are welcome to apply for all UNSW Foundation Studies Programs.
Note 1: Forecast results will be accepted in most cases
Note 2: There may be specific subject requirements, depending on your intended degree program; for example, a minimum grade in mathematics and/or science subjects may be required.
Note 3: Bonus points may be applied for key schools and for good results in relevant subjects.
- This table is a guide only. For additional qualifications, please enquire at [email protected]
- Where you do not have your final results from your Year 11 or Year 12 studies, forecast (Semester 1) results are accepted in most cases.
- There may be specific subject requirements, depending on your intended degree program. For example, a minimum grade in mathematics and/or science.
- Bonus points may be applied for key schools and for good results in relevant subjects
Foundation English Requirements
Alternative English test results accepted due to COVID-19
The following tests will be accepted for UNSW Global programs until further notice:
- IELTS Indicator and TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition will have the same entry requirements as those set for IELTS Academic and TOEFL iBT. Scroll down for entry requirements.
- Duolingo English Test will be accepted for applications from China and Iran. See entry requirements for Duolingo here.
- English Language Test scores and prior studies in English (including High School) will be accepted for tests completed no more than:
- Three years before the intended start date in Foundation Studies or Diploma program
- Two years before the intended start date in an English language course