Who is this program for?
Extended Foundation Program is a pre-university program for students who have completed year 11 with good general results but need extra support in building English and critical thinking skills for University.
Our teaching style follows university practice with lectures and tutorials. Most tutorial classes have about 18 students, so you will receive the attention you need to succeed. You will also participate in class activities which help develop your presentation skills and give you greater confidence in speaking English.
Program is available for all streams
To help you choose the best stream and subjects for your Foundation program, and match them to your UNSW degree - please visit our UNSW Degree Choices page.
See where the Extended Foundation Program fits in your journey to a UNSW degree.
Dates and fees
|Enrolment||Finish||Start UNSW Degree||Indicative Fees||Calendar|
|25 March 2020||16 April 2021||June 2021||AUD$45,800||View Calendar|
|17 June 2020||16 July 2021||September 2021||AUD$45,800||View Calendar|
|14 October 2020||19 November 2021||February 2022||AUD$45,800||View Calendar|
If successful, your scholarship offer will be outlined in your Letter of Offer. The value awarded will be dependent on your level of academic achievement from your previous studies.
Where you'll be studying
You will study in the beautiful UNSW Sydney campus in Kengsington and enjoy access to world-class libraries, labs and classrooms as well as sporting and social clubs.
Missed out on direct entry to University?
85% progression rate from our pathway programs to University.
At UNSW Global, we're dedicated to helping you achieve success in your studies and career. UNSW Foundation Studies Programs build a strong academic base from which students can successfully progress to UNSW Sydney. We provide the highest quality educational programs, combined with individual care and support, to ensure you have the very best experience at UNSW.
Academic Support, language support and assisted learning
We know that studying abroad is exciting and rewarding but can also be daunting. Foundation Studies have been designed to prepare you for the challenge, give you a clear idea of what to expect and make your transition a smooth one.
Foundation Studies are also packed with extra-curricular benefits that allow you to pursue your interests in leadership, sports, culture, volunteering, socialising and much more.
A well-rounded student experience is one that balances academic growth with a thriving social life. In addition to ongoing academic support, you’ll find many opportunities to get fully involved in university life. This will make your experience at UNSW a steppingstone to both academic and life success.
Foundation Studies provides a supportive learning experience for students through:
- Ongoing assessment:Opportunities to demonstrate your learning in a variety of low-stress ways, not just through exams.
- Personalised learning:Receive regular feedback about your progress and receive great tips to improve.
- Skills development:Learn practical skills such as study methods, assessment planning, time management and, importantly, communicating in English at school and at home.
- Cultural proficiency:Learn about Australian culture and education.
- Digital advice:Learn about how to navigate around the appropriate digital tools and resources and how best to use them with your in-class work and out-of-class study sessions.
- Additional support networks:Access to peer support, mentoring and study clubs.
- Challenge Week:For Standard Program participants only. A mid-term program that consists of a variety of academic, social, wellbeing and cultural events that allow you to measure your progress, have fun and increase your cultural awareness and participation.
Foundation Studies creates inclusive ways for students to enrich their experience through:
- Leadership opportunities:Become a class representative.
- Volunteering opportunities:Join the UNSW Global Volunteer group.
- Activities, events and social opportunities:Attend a variety of enjoyable events and activities.
- Touring Sydney:Meet your new classmates.
- Playing sports:Join free basketball and badminton sessions.
- Additional support networks:Participate in Peer support.
- ARC:Join ARC as a member or a leader.
- Some UNSW degree programs only offer term 1 entries. Click here for details of your intended degree program.
- Please note that Commonwealth financial support is not available for Non-Award programs including Global’s Foundation programs and all language courses
- Price to be advised for Extended Program starting 9 October 2019
- 2020 fees to be confirmed