Please contact us directly for alternative options at [email protected]. Thank you for your interest in UNSW Global, we appreciate your patience whilst we update our website.
Why study English for Law?
English for Law is ideal if you are nearing completion of your degree or if you are working in the legal field and seek to improve your English proficiency. It prepares you for:
Taught by highly qualified teachers, classes are no more than 18 and include site visits to courts, the parliament, university law lectures and law schools.
EL helps you develop skills in:
- Presentations and discussions
- Writing legal correspondence and reports
- Role-plays and case studies
- Reading legal texts
Course topics include:
- Common law, legal systems and practice
- Company formation, management and capitalisation
- Contract formation, remedies and assignment
- Intellectual Property law
- Competition law
Classes may be scheduled in the morning or the afternoon at our Kensington Campus
Morning class times: 9.00 - 11.00am and 11.30am - 1.30pm
Afternoon class times: 1.30 - 3.30pm and 4.00 - 6.00pm
IELTS Overall 5.5 with 5.5 writing OR equivalent test scores OR as a result of an interview and placement test AND background in law is required for this course.
You will be placed in an appropriate class based on a test score under the following conditions:
- IELTS, TOEFL and PTE tests must have been taken within 12 months of the enrolment date.
- If you have variations in test subscores, you may be assessed individually for placement and may require additional weeks of study.
- UNSW Global reserves the right to require you to undertake our placement test to confirm appropriate course placement.
- UNSW Global reserves the right to make changes to this course placement guide without notice.
- Progression into the next English course level depends on your achievement in course assessments. You may progress more quickly or slowly than the indication in weeks provided in this table.
- UNSW Global also accepts Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- Please note that Commonwealth financial support is not available for Non-Award programs including Global’s Foundation programs and all language courses