TOEFL is the most widely accepted English test in the world. It measures how well you read, listen, speak and write in English. UNSW Global is an approved internet-based TOEFL (iBT) testing centre.
TOEFL is the most widely accepted English-language test in the world. These tests measure how well you read, listen, speak and write in English. Most people who take the TOEFL test are planning to study at colleges and universities where instruction is in English.
The TOEFL tests available at UNSW Global are internet-based (TOEFL iBT).
|Test Format for TOEFL iBT||Time|
|Reading: 30 - 40 questions||54 - 72 minutes|
|Listening: 28 - 39 questions||41 - 57 minutes|
|Speaking: 4 tasks||17 minutes|
|Writing: 2 tasks||50 minutes|
|TOTAL TEST TIME||3 hours (approximately)|
Please go to the TOEFL website to access free sample questions, practice tests, interactive skill-building programs and detailed tips and information.
The day before the test, check your TOEFL online profile, to make sure that there have been no changes to your test.
- Arrive at the venue by 10.30am for registration
- Latecomers may not be able to take the test
- You must bring with you:
- The same photo identification you used to register for the test
- Your passport (a driver’s licence is not acceptable unless you are an Australian citizen)
- Your registration confirmation
- Your photo will be taken at the test centre and placed at your seat
- The same photo will also appear on your score report
- You will be asked to sign a compulsory confidentiality agreement and provide a voice sample
- You must leave all your personal belongings, including mobile phones, outside the test room
- You may take your identification documents in with you
- If you have any health related needs requiring you to bring anything (including food and drinks) into the test room, you will need to make a request in advance, using the Test Takers with Disabilities or Health-Related Needs Supplement form
- If you need help during the test, raise your hand and ask the administrator
- Please remember that the timing-clock on your assigned computer will not stop for any reason once your test has started
UNSW Institute of Languages
Building L5, 223 Anzac Parade
Kensington NSW 2033
- Your results will automatically be available online approximately 6 days after your test
- You will receive an email with details when the results are ready
- Your test fee payment entitles you to an online score record and up to four official score reports to be sent directly to the institutions or agencies you designated
- Your test cannot be rescored if you have already requested that your scores be sent to an institution or agency
- You can add, delete or change score recipients up to 10:00 pm, local test centre time, the day before your test
- You are also entitled to one paper score record for yourself (if you request it)
- You can have official score reports sent to additional institutions or agencies for a fee
- These can be ordered online with the TOEFL Official Score Report Request Form
All TOEFL test registrations are done online. To register please go to the TOEFL website.
The internet-based TOEFL test fee is US$300.
- TOEFL has a set fee for its online test
- Each internet-based test centre in Australia will charge the same amount
- Your local currency will automatically be converted to US$ via the online payment portal
- You have to register online for this test
- Please go to the TOEFL website to register
- Payments can be made via credit card, PayPal, or direct funds transfer from US bank accounts
- Please arrive at the centre to register between 10.30am and 11.00am on the day of your test
- UNSW Global generally runs a TOEFL test once a month, for upcoming test dates please go to the TOEFL website and search for “UNSW Global”
Questions? We have answers.
TOEFL is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS).