Recognised by over 10,000 organisations worldwide. IELTS assesses your English language proficiency for study, work and migration. UNSW Global is an approved IELTS testing centre.
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of people who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. IELTS is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge Assessment English. It covers the four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking. IELTS is recognised by universities and employers in many countries, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK and the USA. It is also recognised by professional bodies, immigration authorities and other government agencies.
|Test Format||Academic and General Training modules|
|Writing - two tasks: 150 words & 250 words||60 minutes|
|Reading - three sections||60 minutes|
|TOTAL TEST TIME||2 hours & 45 minutes|
UNSW Global has full and part-time IELTS Test Preparation courses to suit your needs. Ace your IELTS test by preparing with us.
- Arrive at the venue by 7.45am if you need your photo taken
- Arrive at the venue by 8.15am if you have had your photo taken
- Candidate registration closes at 8.30am
- Latecomers will not be allowed into the test room
- A label with your candidate number and speaking test time will be placed on your desk
- Speaking tests are held between 1.00pm and 6.00pm
- You must bring with you the passport you used to book the test. This must not be expired. It is the only form of identification that will be accepted. Without a valid passport, you cannot sit the test.
- Only your passport and drink in a clear, plastic bottle (labels removed) can be taken into the test room
- Please note that water is NOT supplied by the test centre
- Free parking is available on Saturdays in UNSW car park (off Day Avenue)
Building L5, 223 Anzac Parade,
Kensington NSW 2033
- Test results can be collected from UNSW Global Student Services, Level 1, 223 Anzac Parade, Kensington between 11.00am and 1.00pm. Preview your IELTS results here.
- When collecting results, bring your valid passport as identification
- If you do not collect your test results at the allotted collection time, they will be mailed that afternoon by regular post to the address you provided
- o To have someone collect results on your behalf you will need to complete a TRF Pickup Authorisation Form. The authorised person needs to bring with them:
- The completed form
- A copy of the test taker's passport
- Photo identification of authorised person
- You can apply for an Enquiry on Results (EOR) within six weeks of your test date
- You will be charged a fee of AUD $176 for EOR
- You will be refunded in full if your band score is changed
All test registrations and payments are done online. To register please go to the IELTS website.
The IELTS test fee is AUD$340 (AUD$374 if a GST payment is required). Book early to secure your spot.
Please view all upcoming test dates via the IELTS website here
Questions? We have answers.
*IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is jointly owned by the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 1100 test centres. For more information about the IELTS Test, please visit ielts.org