Professional Learning Seminars: Designer Sentences
“Language is the dress of thought” – Samuel Johnson
Join us for the opportunity to experience hands-on activities and techniques for teaching grammar from a leading literacy expert.
Please note there are two sessions; it is recommended that participants attend both sessions to get the full benefit.
- Compare some key research findings relating to the teaching and learning of grammar to your own experience
- Learn some effective strategies to teach critical aspects of written sentence structure
- Adapt a hands-on grammar activity for your own stage 2 or 3 teaching context
Completing the face-to-face session will contribute 1 hour of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.1.2 Apply knowledge of the content and teaching strategies of the teaching area to develop engaging teaching activities, 3.1.2 Set explicit, challenging and achievable learning goals for all students and 5.2.2 Provide timely, effective and appropriate feedback to students about their achievement relative to their learning goals from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Session 2 – Follow up webinar
- Share and learn from the experiences of your teaching peers
- Receive further insights on how you can continue to support your students to apply grammatical understanding for growth in literacy.
Complete an Expression of interest form if you are interested in hosting a Designer Sentences Seminar at your school.
Completing the follow-up webinar will contribute 45 minutes of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Registered PD addressing 2.5.2 Apply knowledge and understanding effective teaching strategies to support students’ literacy and numeracy achievement from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.