UNSW Global Online Assessment Platform: Technical Requirements
The UNSW Global Online Assessment Platform Test Player complies with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA+. This is the international standard for ensuring that online content is accessible, particularly for students with disabilities.
Technical Readiness test
Use our Technical readiness test to assess if you meet all requirements.
A secure locked-down browser application is required for:
- ICAS Spelling Bee
- ICAS Writing
- Reach Spelling
- Reach Writing
All other assessments are web (browser) based and do not require the locked-down browser application.
A supported web browser should be used for:
- Jet Assessments
- ICAS Digital Technologies, English, Mathematics, Science
- Reach Digital Technologies, English, Mathematics, Science
Note 1: Web browser in order of preference (with compatible OS)
- Chrome 28+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX, Chrome OS)
- Firefox 20+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Internet Explorer 11+ (Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OSX)
- Safari 6+ (Mac OSX)
Supported hardware devices
- Desktop PC
- Android tablet
Note 1: An external keyboard or mouse is not necessary for students using a tablet.
Note 2: The iPad mini is not supported.
Note 3: Chromebooks must be running as Managed Devices in Kiosk mode for assessments requiring the locked-down browser application.
Note 4: Devices must be connected to a single screen only.
Supported operating systems
- Mac OSX 10.8+
- MS Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Chrome OS 38+
- iOS 10.3+
- Android 5+ (running Android System Webview)
Note: Windows XP and Vista are not supported operating systems for assessments using locked-down browser.
- Please refer to the Technical readiness test for an internet speed test to confirm appropriate bandwidth is available for the student devices involved in the assessment.
- A guideline for required bandwidth is 512 Kbps (0.512 Mbps) minimum download speed per 20 concurrent users.
Note: There is no additional bandwidth requirement for locked-down browser use, once the application has been installed.
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 width x 768 height is required.
- Cookies are required and need to be enabled.
- Audio should be available via headphones, earphones or earbuds for Reach Spelling and ICAS Spelling Bee.
Client Firewall Configuration
The firewall configuration requirements for the Assessment Platform are detailed below.
- Janison Insights content is stored and served from Microsoft Azure Blob and CDN Storage
- This address hosts the Janison Insights website.
- Janison Insights emails are sent from this address, it is also recommended to white list this IP address on mail servers.
The system generated emails come from this address [email protected]
Need further support?
Our friendly customer service team are ready to assist you with your queries. Call us on +61 2 8936 2210 or contact us.